TOURS & SCHOOL EXCURSIONS
We love to show people of all ages around Perth City Farm and
can tailor our tours to suit different age groups and interests.
Tours make for excellent sustainability school excursions and
are particularly popular with schools, TAFE and University
groups, gardening groups and social groups.
Perth City Farm tours are;
- Exciting, interactive and hands-on
- Educational: sustainability, agriculture, science, arts
- Centrally located and easily accessible
- Easy to book
Perth City Farm is a non-profit community environmental
centre and operational urban farm. Founded 25 years ago on
the site of a former battery recycling facility, this once very
degraded site has been lovingly rehabilitated over many years to become a Western Australian icon for environmental sustainability and community engagement.
As a small non-profit organisation tour and sustainability school excursion fees help us keep the gardens lush and productive and open to the public all year round.
THEMES for our tours include:
- Food Production: veggie growing, fruit trees, medicinal herbs
- Waste Management: compost, worm farms, recycling facility
- Animals: chickens, ducks and bees and their care
- History of the Farm: a volunteer lead community project
- Farm Tour for one hour is $130+GST for a group of up to 10 people
- Additional attendees (including all teachers and adult helpers) are $11+GST per person
ADD-ON WORKSHOPS (for kids)
-30 mins each, $5 per child
Learn how seeds work, harvest some and make an origami seed packet to take some home
Secrets of the Soil
Learn all about composting and worm farming, make a big batch of compost, feed the worms and harvest some 'worm wee'
Learn all about flowers and create a beautiful flower crown or mask.
- Participants aged under 7: max. 15 per tour (not including teachers & helpers)
- Participants aged 8 - 13: max. 20 per tour (not including teachers & helpers)
- Participants aged 14 and up: max. 25 per tour (including teachers & helpers)
*Larger groups can be split into separate sessions, or separate tours with multiple guides
MONDAY 9am - 3pm
TUESDAY 1pm - 3pm
WEDNESDAY 9am - 2pm
THURSDAY 9am - 3pm
FRIDAY 12pm - 3pm
Our onsite café Farmology may be able to provide your group with morning/afternoon tea or lunch options. Please contact them directly to enquire about options at email@example.com.
Everyone can visit our nursery trolley and purchase a selection of home grown seedlings and edible plants (Est price is $3 each or 4 for $10)
HOW TO BOOK
Fill out the enquiry form with your preferred dates and anticipated number of attendees
If one of your preferred dates is available we will let you know and email an invoice to you. (or suggest alternative dates)
Please pay the full balance of the tour invoice to confirm your booking no later than 21 days before the tour
If the number of tour participants increases, please let us know before your tour. Extra participants must be paid for before the tour commences.
*(Please note if the group decreases, within 21 days of the tour, refunds will not be issued.)
Download our Children's Tours brochure here
For more information, please call the office on (08) 9325 7229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students love it because they see things in action. They go home and say ‘I want a veggie farm and chickens, and I want to make some compost!